Friday, August 2, 2013

Internet OBSESSED part 1


Ok, I KNOW that I definitely want my students using our class website (another blog of course! your can see it HERE if you'd like) to publish their work. Let's be honest, I LOVE the internet - and it helps that it will be really good practice for all this wonderful Common Core typing business, which I am seriously excited about! - but I kept running into privacy issues and I am not paying $30 for an edublog when I know I can figure it out for free.... again INTERNET ♥

I thought I might have them post to a google drive account, but then I'd have to get them to log in and then would they all need individual log ins? More steps. I gave in and am now IN LOVE with dropbox - the best thing about it is that it creates a folder on your computer that will automatically sync! I then went about creating a folder for each student (I numbered these, way quick-easy-reusable).

Next, I made a handy dandy HOW TO page to put up right near our computer stations, but of course we will also take notes and practice, practice, practice ------ SIDE NOTE, I have student computers this year!!!!! and there is a computer lab?!?! What!?!?! Why am I so excited about this, poor kiddos my last two years, we didn't have these types of luxuries ----- but I digress, you can download the How To Guide for free HERE


So, the plan is that I will log in to my dropbox account (this will already be logged in on the student computers in our class) and probably copy/paste their work as a blogger entry on our class site with their names and everything. My summer school kids were super excited about being published on the internet! Fingers crossed it all goes well 



No comments:

Post a Comment