Friday, July 19, 2013

Future's so BRIGHT

Setting up my classroom for next year already! I am making a big jump from first grade to fifth, but the nervousness is gone and now I'm just excited!  I tried to stick with my sports theme from last year, especially since I bought all kinds of stuff (don't tell Mr.Marshall o_o) buuut after a few days in summer school it was just feeling too primary. ... side note,  I have a TON of sports themed classroom stuff to get rid of now.... 

We - the fifth grade team, Ilean and I - decided on a neon color scheme, love it! That led to the BRIGHT idea - see what I did there? 

I'm planning Bright ideas boards,  our future's so BRIGHT we have to wear shades - for goal setting,  basically I'm getting very Laura with it ♡ Here's a peek of what's going down so far! Neon every where! 

SIDE NOTE #2 - I'm even changing the ol' blog to go NEON too ... though it's a work in progress, I'm making my own headers and blog buttons since I'm too poor to pay to have it done right now aaaaand let's just say I'm not a computer scientist

Firstly, I learned my lesson after printing my life away last year,  no more color ink for me!  I've spent way too much money on ink cartridges, sigh. I'm printing everything on bright paper instead :D

The classroom economy:

Classroom Jobs Board:

Headquarters - right by the door - this is still a work in progress, 
I can't wait to post a FULL ON tour of the class! 


Calendar Math is also up! I was sad to give up my daily morning math review until I found Stephanie Moorman's post about Calendar Math in the upper grades! Check out her post HERE

Her blog is amazing! 


close up!

That's where I'm at so far! I have trainings all next week and then I should have lots more time to spend setting up - I'll get an awesome tour posted. I'm thinking I'll make a video happen :) Even though I hate the sound of my own voice lol



No comments:

Post a Comment