Sunday, January 19, 2014

ReTeaching made simple

My BTSA goal is to better use assessment to plan - I think it's CSTP4 ?! So many acronyms and numbers lol. In any case, I've been working on figuring out how to best make this happen.... I've got a system going now and it seems to be working pretty well.

First things first, we have made Daily 5 a priority - the kids love it and it gives me time to meet with those small groups that need a little extra help.In the past few weeks I've gotten my self organized as far as who, what, and where I'm making this reteaching happen. 

Fridays are assessment days, we literally take like 5 tests! I'm a jerk :/ but I need to know where they are. Over the weekend, I do all of my grading based on a 5 point scale (the fist to five assessment) sending those progress reports every week is seriously keeping me on top of it!
I separate the 1s and 2s to return and keep the rest to display on our Writing To Learn wall. This is working out really well! I give feedback on the 2s, enough so that they can be redone without much additional instruction and I pull the 1s into our small group reteaching! Seriously exciting!!! Im such a dork, lol.

The nice thing is the kids get a second chance to show me what they know and/or get a little extra help from me and their grades have improved dramatically :)


No comments:

Post a Comment