Thursday, March 21, 2013

Doing Math 2.0

I am forever making changes in my classroom - for a while now I've had the kiddos making flashcards for the Doing Math BUILD center. Not loving all the bits of paper flying everywhere - and the fact that I can't measure their work as much as I'd like. Also I am in state testing panic mode, eeeek! So I came up with this: (pretty excited about it!)


Using released test questions which I printed and cut into strips


I have groups create posters for one problem at a time. They must come up with the answer together, explain how they got the answer and finally illustrate the problem. 

Each day the basket includes the following:

Get a copy of each page HERE

Here is a glimpse of our very first poster! I am sure to put them up on the wall for all to see :)


I am seriously in LOVE with posters and group projects <3 Happy almost Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment