Friday, January 25, 2013

Checking in for Daily 5

After scouring the internet and plenty of blog stalking I came full circle and decided the check in will go much more smoothly if I do it myself.... But.... What about Word Work? And Listen to Reading? And the pillows the kids can pick up and take wherever they want? These are all things there are only a certain number of. It has to be first come, first serve.... Fairness first. So I came up with this:


It's not the cutest thing you've ever seen but it works! The dashes keep track of who we start with for each new round, the L stands for library (only 2 friends at a time can trade their books out for new good fit books), the T stands for teacher - unless I pull aside a group or if I'm checking for fluency, there are 6 headphones so the first 6 to choose Listen get to do so, the same goes for word work.
Because we hardly ever have time to get to all 5 rounds in one day, I keep the same check in sheet until we do so, each round's choices are colored to match the round number - this way I can make sure that every student goes to every center even if it is not on the same day.




No comments:

Post a Comment